Ok, so much for 'the world is your classroom' haha *coughs*
This afternoon, our school, more specifically the Humanities Dept, decided that they should take us along for a 'Learning Journey'. Actually 'decided' is kind of the wrong word, since it is compulsory for all schools in Kampung Singapura.
First stop was the URA - Urban Development Authority. All we did was watch some video of Gurmit Singh treating us like idiots and then we had to answers questions by pressing buttons. I swear, the video is rigged. We always seemed to get the answer right in terms of majority votes.
Next, we had lunch at Maxwell food centre. The fish porridge there was hopeless, although the sauce somewhat redeemed it. The home-made ice lemon tea made me sick. Maybe it was just my luck that I bought my food from some lousy stall.
We headed for Marina Barrage later on. What so great about it anyway? It's just some slab of concrete. Ok, maybe others might appreciate the architectural design of the barrage and I respect that. The only thing I liked were the cardboard cut-outs of Water Wally :D Oh! Oh! Posed as hobos too.
Final stop was NEWater plant in Bedok. Shan't bore you with the details. The only thing that caught my attention was the horrible smell of chlorine or something like that when we were outside the plant. Ever wandered what is in the water? *psst* melamine *psst*
I guess learning takes place better in a classroom not in the great outdoors...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment