Thursday, July 30, 2009

Almost fell asleep during lit class.

Say Jye got an Academic Detention Class (ADC - how creative can ACSBR get?) for disrupting the class. He said that Mr Alex Lee was Satan and started putting his fingers on his head as make believe horns, then he started convulsing or do his so-called dance. Punishment - 1000 word essay O_O

We all made Mrs Seetoh feel guilty when we said that Andrew feels bullied and emo when she 'picks on him'. She looked concern. It's not as if Andrew would slit his wrist when no one's looking right? NAH!

Failed Geog test - 12/25, 42% of us failed. Ms Lim did an error analysis where she showed us what we all wrote and the diagrams we drew. Say Jye's diagram was deemed as phallic and distasteful. His volcano had some superhero with a cape flying out when it erupted. In case you dont know what phallic is (I didn't know until I checked a dictionary), phallic is something that relates to or resembles a phallus or erected penis.

As usual had lots of fun during Chinese class. Hell broke loose when an innocent person got shot by a paper pallet. Everyone started firing pieces of paper at one another. Chinese teacher got damn pissed and for the first time ever, made someone stand at the door. WOW!

Took my Literature test after school at the ADC room. I felt like a criminal. Anyway I asked Uncle Goh if I could take a picture with him but he declined. He gave me a pat on my back when I asked him who Harper Lee was, as if to encourage me. I'm going to pass my test with the fabled touch of Uncle Goh.

Went to print Bio poster after school.

Doing Lit assignment now. Have to analyse a poem.



The World Is Too Much With Us; Late and Soon

The world is too much with us; late and soon,
Getting and spending, we lay waste our powers;
Little we see in Nature that is ours;
We have given our hearts away, a sordid boon!
This Sea that bares her bosom to the moon,
The winds that will be howling at all hours,
And are up-gathered now like sleeping flowers,
For this, for everything, we are out of tune;
It moves us not. -Great God! I'd rather be
A Pagan suckled in a creed outworn;
So might I, standing on this pleasant lea,
Have glimpses that would make me less forlorn;
Have sight of Proteus rising from the sea;
Or hear old Triton blow his wreathed horn.
- William Wordsworth

No comments:

Post a Comment